“We are still searching the area with family members of the fishermen, hoping for a miracle”, said Mark Lall, president of the Fisheries Collective Association. “People are afraid. It is not the first time that so many boats have been attacked in one go, but I have the impression that most of the deaths will now be regretted at once”, he said.
On Friday, 27th April Pirates attacked the boats allegedly beating the fishermen with machetes before forcing them to jump into the sea. Some of the victims had batteries tied to their legs to weigh them down.
Members of the Fisheries Collective Association along with the Coast Guard and police vessels are searching for the missing men and the pirates since the attack late Friday.
The Surinamese daily newspaper, reported that the pirates boarded the four fishing boats on Friday evening, bringing all of the 20 fishermen under attack. The Guyana Chronicle newspaper reported on Tuesday that the boats were manned by Guyanese nationals, four of men managed to swim ashore. Two were reportedly taken off their boats with head injuries, while two others were fished out of the water by other fishermen. All four remain hospitalized.
So far, the case is not entirely clear. However, according to the media reports all 16 missing fishermen are feared dead.
Alphard Diving & Underwater Services
We freshly invaded Hull cleaning and Underwater Inspection services. Our diving managers & Supervisors are commercial divers with over 25 years of diving experience. Alphard Offshore provides diving services of top standards. Following are our Core strengths;
- We have our own dedicated Dive boats which are fully equipped (Alphard 7, Alphard 16)
- Equipped with our own DIVING SPREADS on board which requires NO loading time
- A Panel of 3 Diving Men with Surfaced Supplied Air which are provided for the working diver
- 2 TV screens for Diving supervisor to monitor the diving activities carried out on each boat
- 1 TV screen for Client representative in a cabin with air conditioning and comfortable seats to watch the diving work for any kind of inspection
- We have our own HPU and pair of powerful brush cards from Piccard
- Special Brushes for use on Silicon Paint
- 4 KMB band Mask 18 to tackle Hull cleaning – CCTV inspections & Propeller Polishing to Rupert “A” grade
- HSE part 2 certified Diving Supervisor with over 1000 dives logged
- HSE part 1 certified Lead Diver
- Dedicated diving operational team to manage from on shore
- Class approved with ABS, LR, DNV-GL, NKK, BV and for In Water Survey inspection (UWILD) we are in process to get approval with IR, KR, and RINA
- Always finding ways to improve our services with client`s detailed feedback
- Tug Inspections, maintenance & salvage in water removal of wire chain and line from running gear
- Class (UWIL Inspection) and vessel inspection, maintenance, salvage, pressure/patching and shipping
- Hull cleaning of any kind of fouling condition (laid up)
- Loss Anchor search (Anchorage & OPL)
- Bow thruster cleaning and polishing
- Side sonar scan and recovery
- Cutting & welding services
- Propeller polishing
- Sea chest cleaning
- Hydrographic surveys
For further mail us at: email@example.com or
log on to: http://www.alphardmaritime.com